Saturday 26 May 2007

Movie Nights

Bonjour fellow Lurkers, Since no one else has posted yet, I'm going to *yoink* the first full post. Yoinking makes it legal. Anyways, I was thinking that we need some more ideas/themes for Movie Nights for this summer. Perhaps, as Lurkers, we need a night dedicated to the Best Supporting Actors - those actors who somehow manage to steal the limelight from the leading men & ladies. Any suggestions for this? The best example I can think off right the top of my head is Colin Farrell in "Daredevil". Although, that would require watching "Daredevil". Hhmm. Johnny Depp completely steals every scene in Benny and Joon....

What about other themes?

Jack Black Attack? ;-) (High Fidelity, School of Rock, Pick of Destiny, Orange County)
Films So Bad They're Good? (I think there could be a lot of '80s potential here ;-) )


Suggestions of themes, or movies on a postcard to Shiny @ Shinyville. Or just post them here. Whatever's easiest =P

4 comments:

Jo said...

Ooo yes! Jack Black! =D

...and wot aboot John C McGinley?

(Platoon, Identity, Office Space, Any Given Sunday, Talk Radio, Truth or Concequences *...with Kiefer!* Nothing to Lose, Get Carter, Stealing Harvard, Seven, Intensity *...if anyone can find it on ebay...*, Point Break, and he even makes Flypaper and The Animal watchable)

Shiny Sarah said...

Am I allowed to switch "Aliens" for "E.T." in our next 80s mooovies night? Coz I am such a deprived child that I've never seen it and I feel like if I have to wait much longer one of two things will happen:

1. I will have to contact the EU Human Rights Courts for the Child Abuse of not getting to see E.T.

2. The 80s moovie purists will lock me up for never having seen it or "The Breakfast Club"

Jo said...

You ain't getting out of watching Aliens missus! It's not even half as scary as watching Swayze half naked wiggling his man-hips!!

...but I shall add ET to the list anyhow =P

Shiny Sarah said...

Ahh! Swayze!! =( Why must you torture me so with the mental images here?! Whyyyyy? WHY?!

*cough* Anyways, any more suggestions anyone? *cough*